Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Book Review: Standing Still

Standing Still: A Novel Standing Still: A Novel by Kelly Simmons


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a very quick-paced, yet very very good book. I have actually met Kelly as a bookshop event coordinator, and just picked up the book while visiting and she was doing a signing. I remember when she first came in with the book in hardcover going "I have to read this someday." Well, now I have and I'm glad I did.



The reason why I decided to read the book was because of the main character, Claire, suffers from panic disorder, a term I myself am quite familiar with. The plot, a mother who insists a kidnapper take her instead of her daughter, also seemed very interesting. Now, after reading, I'm very glad I did.



This review might sound a bit short, but I'm the type of reviewer who hates giving away any plot points. The main urge for the review was to let Kelly know that I enjoyed the book and that I'm glad that Claire found her "home" (or that's what I call it, anyway). It's uplfting for anyone who suffers from any form of mental illness.



Thank you.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment