Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Review: Patient Zero

Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel by Jonathan Maberry


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm a girl of varying tastes, as you can very well see by my book selection choices. I read anything from horror to fantasy to chick-lit, to classic literature. The one thing I never choose to read, however, is any of that "government agency" or "action" books. If it's written by Tom Clancy, it will not be on my shelf.



The reason, or reasons, that I picked Patient Zero to read was 1) it may have involved police and government agencies, but it involved ZOMBIES and 2) being the event coordinator for a local independent bookstore, I've met Jonathan personally and every time I see him enjoy a great dialogue about books and the latest project he's working on.



So... months after getting an advanced copy signed by Jonathan, I read the book...



Let me tell you... I couldn't put it down. Regardless of the secret government agency angle (which, by the way, I was completely sucked into for one of the first times in my life), the characters were so well fleshed out that I felt for them... I felt terror when they did, and the enormity of the whole situation (because believe me, I don't want to give any of the plot away to you), hits like a ton of bricks. You need to keep reading to find out what happens, and yet you're so attached to the characters that sometimes the book's reality makes you want to stop and keep them all safe.



That being said, the book keeps you on your toes. There are definitely some extreme plot twists and enough action to keep the reader engaged throughout. And as evil villians go (and sidekicks for that matter), Patient Zero definitely has what it takes. Patient Zero A Joe Ledger NovelJonathan Maberry


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment